68th Stop: Windrush Alpaca Farm, Clovis, NM
Blog Post #79 - Written August 25, 2026
Stay: November 13, 2025
Our last stay in New Mexico was at an Alpaca Farm. Our wonderful host was getting ready to retire from the business, so she wasn't acquiring new alpacas. She still had around 25 alpacas that she was caring for, sending their wool to South America for homemade wool goods. We bought a nice pair of winter socks (which I think I used for the first time in Mississippi of all places), and a wool laundry ball.
My funny story from this Harvest Host was actually meeting our host. My jaw almost dropped when I saw her, for she was a dead ringer for my childhood piano teacher/family friend! I thought she must have been some long lost sister, except when she opened her mouth, a British accent came out (my piano teacher is a Spaniard)! It was uncanny!
We enjoyed feeding and watering the alpacas, as well as learning about how they care for the various ailments and conditions on the farm.
Comments
Post a Comment